- The Trinity: We believe in God as Creator and Caretaker; in Jesus Christ as divine Savior and Lord; and in the Holy Spirit as God present and at work everywhere in creation.
- Sin and Salvation: Human beings disobey God, like Adam and Eve, and are in need of spiritual rebirth. God initiates salvation, sending the Holy Spirit to all persons, calling them to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is a gift of God's grace, not something earned or merited.
- The Bible: The holy scriptures are the 66 books contained in the Old and New Testaments. They tell the story of our faith in all its richness. The scriptures are the authoritative guide for Christian living. We do not limit ourselves to any one translation of the Bible.
- The Church: The Cumberland Presbyterian Church considers itself to be a part of the Holy Universal Church, consisting of all who have made covenant with God through Jesus Christ.
- The Sacraments: The Sacraments are celebrations of the covenant in which Christ mysteriously is present and active. We accept two Sacraments, Baptism and the Lord's Supper or Holy Communion.
-The Sacraments are a means of grace. They are not necessary for salvation, but are necessary for growth. We believe in an “open table” for communion, and we practice infant baptism. We are a Covenant Theology Church, which means our Sacraments are traced back to Abraham and the Covenant Promise. Therefore, we practice One Baptism.
- We believe in Grace and Love. Our call is to Love all of God’s created, offering Grace.
The Confession of Faith of Cumberland Presbyterians presents our full doctrinal statement.